If you haven’t had the opportunity to use an online backup service yet you don’t know how simple backing up your files can be. Basically an online backup service allows you to easily create a second copy of all of your files using nothing more than an Internet connection. Often the backup is automatic and keeps your backup up to date without you even noticing that it is working.
In a way online backup allows you to make use of remote storage. Using this remote storage option you can keep a copy of important files and records. This keeps you protected from theft, fire, flooding, computer viruses and the many other problems that can destroy your computer data. This will keep your information safe and will ensure that you will always have a copy of your important files. Think about it, if your computer was destroyed would you be able to replace all of your missing files?
Here’s how online backup works:
1. Choose an online backup provider. There are many great ones, but Mozy is an excellent choice if you don’t want to shop around. Their rates start at only $4.95 per month.
2. Sign up for the program and do the initial download.
3. Choose the files that you want to protect and let the software make a copy.
4. Make sure that all of your important files are included in the list of files that are being backed up.
5. After this your online backup provider will take care of everything else for you. You won’t have to worry about a thing.
Why is Online Backup So Great?
You may be wondering why it is worth spending extra money each month on online backup when you can easily make backup CDs of your files. The answer is simple. With online backup your files will be stored in an offsite secure location. This means that your backup won’t be destroyed if you should lose your files due to a natural disaster. Also you have the security of knowing that your data is encrypted and protected. Finally you don’t have to worry about making regular backups anymore.
Learn how Carbonite is making online backup simple.