How do I choose the right SEO agency
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is the key to unlocking organic website traffic. That’s why it’s essential to work with an SEO agency that you trust and that understands your business needs. When choosing the right agency, keep in mind that there are several crucial factors at play.
The following quick guide will help you make the best choice for your business.
1. Set a Budget and Stick to It
Before you start looking for an agency, decide on a budget that is realistic for your organization…
2. Check References & Testimonials
Try to get in touch with some of their clients who can tell you about their experience with the company and share honest feedback (good and bad).
3. Get a Proposal and Discuss Key Aspects of the Project
This is your opportunity to ask questions about aspects that are critical to you. Be sure to ask for an estimate of the project’s timeline, what kind of results they expect, how frequently you’ll be communicating…
4. Review Contracts Before Signing Anything
The contract is a crucial document. Take your time to review it and get advice from colleagues who have relevant experience with contracts.
5. Stick to the Agreed-Upon Timeline
Quality work takes time, but you should never see your SEO agency as a black box where work gets done behind closed doors…
6. Pay Only for Results
Quality work takes time, but you should never see your SEO agency as a black box where work gets done behind closed doors. If their results don’t match expectations, it’s important to have a discussion with the team in order to find out what went wrong and correct things going forward.
7. Review Ongoing Results Regularly
Every month, you should conduct an analysis of the website’s progress towards established goals. At a minimum, you need to track results from Search Engine Optimization and Social Media Marketing every month. They should provide concrete ideas for getting more clients through your website.
8. Prepare to Evaluate Other Options as Needed
If their work doesn’t match expectations, be prepared to cut them and hire another company. On the other hand, if they meet expectations and exceed them even further, do not hesitate to expand your relationship with them…
9. Be Prepared for a Review Period at the End of the Contract
This is when you should ask yourself whether or not you want to continue working with this team. If the answer is yes, it’s time for a contract renewal. If you feel like you want to move on…
10. Keep Learning & Stay Up-to-Date with Developments in Your Industry
Your SEO company should be able to put together an annual “SEO roadmap” that shows the direction of your website over the next year with regard to SEO activities. This will help you make sure that they understand your organization’s goals and expectations, and will allow you to plan accordingly.
If you follow these guidelines when hiring an SEO firm, you’ll be able to identify the ideal fit for your company needs in no time.
What questions to ask when hiring an agency?
These are some of the questions you should be asking when hiring an SEO agency.
1. How long have you been in business? What is your experience with my industry?
2. Do you specialize in SEO? If not, can I speak to another agency that you work closely with for SEO projects?
3. What type of reporting do you provide (quarterly, weekly)?
4. Who will manage the project – one person or a team?
5. How many clients do you manage simultaneously?
6. What is your approach to website maintenance and updates for my industry?
7. Can I choose the person who will be working on my project?
8. Do you have an account manager that I can contact if needed? Who will this person report to?
9. Who will be responsible for my project’s strategy and day-to-day tasks (for example, website design)?
10. How do you determine your estimates (hourly rate or fixed project cost)? What are the factors that influence the final price?
11. Can you give me references of current clients whose businesses are similar to mine? Can I speak with them directly?
12. How often do you update your website and blogs with current industry news and developments? Have the articles been written by professional writers?
13. What is your SEO strategy (for example, link building, social media marketing)?
14. Do your staff members participate in any local/national/international organizations that relate to my industry?
15. What is your philosophy on search engine optimization, and how do you see it evolving in the next few years?
16. How often will my web pages be checked for errors?
17. Will I have access to my project’s analytics data (for example Google Analytics)?
18. Will you provide relevant reports and recommendations on a regular basis?
19. How do you ensure the quality of your work (for example, processes, policies)?
20. What is your policy on search engine penalties? Do we need to be concerned with this for my project?
21. How often will I meet with the person who will be working on my project?
22. How can you guarantee high rankings for my keywords?
23. When should I expect to see noticeable results from your work?
24. Will you provide a list of potential keywords and phrases related to my business? What is your strategy for generating these ideas?
25. How do you approach link building and obtaining links from other websites?
If you keep these tips in mind when hiring an SEO company, it won’t be long before you find the best match for your business needs.
A good SEO agency will have an answer to these questions. Asking them can help you understand if they are the right partner for your company. However, it is important to research an SEO company before hiring them by reading reviews online or asking for references from other business owners who had hired their services. If you know beforehand what traits make an SEO agency good, finding one that’s ideal for your company will be much easier.