Several years ago making a backup of your files was a lot of work. This was especially true for small business owners and freelancers. Often it would take hours to manually create a backup of your files. Things have changed and the process is now a lot easier. With how easy online backup is, you have no excuse not to carefully backup your files on a daily basis.
Back when files weren’t frequently backed up it made it very difficult to restore files after a computer crash or a similar type of problem. Often files were permanently lost or the restored files were several weeks old and there were important bits of data missing. This resulted in having to do work over again and wasting a lot of time and effort.
Using an online backup service like Mozy, Elephant Drive or Sugar Sync can help you to protect your files and will take the hassle out of restoring files after computer problems. Lets look at a few of the many advantages of online backup.
* Archived files are up to date and are updated as soon as the files are changed. This means that you will never have an out of date backup again.
* It is easy to backup the information on more than one computer without any additional effort.
* You don’t have to buy or use external devices like CDs or external hard drives.
* You can backup your files from anywhere.
* Online backup is generally very affordable and convenient to use.
Of course while there are many advantages there are also a few disadvantages. Let’s look at a few of them.
* You must have an Internet connection to backup your files.
* The Initial backup can take a long time.
* Some people worry about security of their backed up files and this can be a concern if you don’t choose an online backup service with a strong security policy.
If you are looking for a better way to backup your files consider using online backup. You will find that it is one of the easiest ways to keep your backup up to date and that it is much more convenient than other backup options.